AUKN Relief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii U release date: November 30th in EU.

+4
Shintaro_Midorima
Joshawott
ilmaestro
Ath
8 posters

Go down

Wii U release date: November 30th in EU. Empty Wii U release date: November 30th in EU.

Post  Ath Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 am

So yeah, everyone's probably seen this already but in case anyone hasn't:

-Launches November 30th
-Various bundles: including Basic, Premium and ZombiU premium
-Basic is a White 8GB Wii U with a Gamepad
-Premium is Black 32GB WiiU with a Gamepad, NintendoLand, various stands and cradles, a sensor bar and Nintendo Network discount/extra points
-ZombiU premium is as above, but with Funky Barn ZombiU and a pro controller.
-Games at launch include New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends and Call of Duty Black Ops II amongst others

Software announcements too:
-Project P-100 is now The Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta 2 is coming, published by Nintendo!
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming to Wii U and 3DS in March 2013
-Monolith Soft are developing a new IP for Wii U, headed by Tetsuya "Xeno" Takahashi
-Pikmin 3 next year

The price is a cluster****. On Amazon UK, the Premium Wii U Bundle went from £264 to £274.99 to £199.99 to £279.99 to not available to £299.99, whilst the basic Wii U bundle went from £199 to not available to £220 to £249.99. This was all within a 6 hour timeframe! Anyway it seems to have settled to about £250ish for basic and £300ish for premium. ZombiU bundle is £329.99 at Amazon at the moment.

I managed to get in an order for the Premium Wii U bundle at £199 at Amazon, doubt it'll be honoured but worth a shot.
Ath
Ath

Back to top Go down

Wii U release date: November 30th in EU. Empty Re: Wii U release date: November 30th in EU.

Post  ilmaestro Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 am

TBH it's a case of thanks, Nintendo, but no thanks. For me, it would be crazy to go all-in on a new Ninty hardware launch after the whoopsy-daisy they pulled with the 3DS... twice.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Wii U release date: November 30th in EU. Empty Re: Wii U release date: November 30th in EU.

Post  Ath Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 pm

After getting in touch with Amazon, they sent me back an email saying that they will honour the £199 price that I ordered the WiiU premium bundle at. We shall see if that remains to be the case, but it would be amazing if they do honour it.

Conflicting reports on whether the ZombiU bundle will have NintendoLand in it or not though...
Ath
Ath

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshawott Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 am

Amazon had a similar blunder on 13th June, when I pre-ordered a black Wii U for £199.99. They didn't uphold that one despite saying they would at first, then deleted my order.

Also, Nintendo have confirmed on Twitter that the ZombiU bundle will NOT have Nintendo Land in it.

Joshawott

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 am

I think I would rather have Zombies than mini-games if I did get one, probably not a great idea on Ninty's part there. Apparently Blops2 will be 1080p and 60fps even in online multiplayer, which despite my non-love of CoD has me semi-interested in picking it up to play the last few big games of this console cycle that don't get decent PC ports... but with that narrow an application, £300+ is still not where I want to be when it might be £180 just the other side of Christmas.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Ath Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 am

£199's about the limit that I'd pay for it at the moment. If Amazon do cancel my pre-order, I won't bother picking it up until a better deal shows up later on next year. I will definitely get one, whether it's at launch or later on, purely because of Monolith Soft's new game.
Ath
Ath

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, if I was sitting on a preorder for £199 I would keep it. The ZombieU pack would be tempting at £250 with Nintendo Land thrown in.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Shintaro_Midorima Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Hmm. Don't think i'll be getting one at that price, since I heard it's got around the same capabilities as a PS3. (Obviously with a different kind of controller, but still).

Right now i'd rather save for the next Xbox and maybe get one of these further down the line when it goes down in price. If it has good exclusives.
Shintaro_Midorima
Shintaro_Midorima

Back to top Go down

Post  Reevothemusefan Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 pm

I was one of those lucky people to pre-ordered the premium edition on amazon for £199, no cancellation for two days now ^_^

If you want price comparisons then it's best to use this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reevothemusefan
Reevothemusefan

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 pm

For the price Nintendo are asking, there's no way I'll be picking a Wii U up at launch. I'll be waiting for a price drop.
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arbalest Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 pm

It's hard to judge. at £300 for premium, i'm tempted to play the waiting game. £300 is a little too much to ask at the moment, and i expect it will drop much like the 3DS did before it launched. Again though, Europe are getting hit hard, we're paying about £50 more than anyone else is, and that needs to be sorted out. If they wonder why ours doesn't sell through, that's why.

Also, i didn't realise until today that Amazon.com is refusing to sell Nintendo consoles full stop in the US. So they are completely out of the loop now. Seems also that gamestop have announced all the premium bundles have now sold out with pre-orders already in the US too and regular ones are nearing that too. So it's certainly selling, but at their price tag, it makes sense.

Arbalest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshawott Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am

Yeah, if you simply translate the currency, for the price of our standard edition (White), America can get the Premium.

Joshawott

Back to top Go down

Post  Arbalest Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 am

Joshawott wrote:Yeah, if you simply translate the currency, for the price of our standard edition (White), America can get the Premium.

Indeed, sure it's not looking at it properly, but regardless of if you do or not, we are essentially getting the worst deal. I do expect the prices to start falling though at least a little in the next month, as to how much i can't say, but i expect some reduction here or there

Arbalest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWolf Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 am

I was hoping for better prices then those but then I can't get one till late (thanks to some recent developments, very late) next year, so xmas 2013 will bring forth more price cuts...Still a bit surprised at the fact we're getting it so soon.

BlackWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum