AUKN Relief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To the temp AUKN Forum

+25
20thCenturyBoy
Joshawott
LordLaserSharkKH
neptune2venus
Cloud Strife
Sy II
mangaman74
vashdaman
VoxPhantom
Ath
Shintaro_Midorima
joanne_chan
theirsbailiff
Froob McGuffin
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through You
fabio de lunatico
ilmaestro
Rui
zin5ki
fourthlion
Rena Ryuugu
stuart-says-yes
ayase
Ryo Chan
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome To the temp AUKN Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome To the temp AUKN Forum

Post  ilmaestro Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 am

Rui wrote:The spam problem had prompted the forum switch rather than the other way around; resource use had jumped, so the boss tried upgrading the forum software to reduce it, only to find that it didn't help and now we had a new forum to fix up while still receiving warnings from the host.
Guh, it all sounds a bit messy, but at the same time something that should be very much fixable? Fingers crossed, anyway.

ayase wrote:There's a memberlist and it only shows 21 members - how can names that aren't on that list be taken?
Yeah, I apologize to Lawro for assuming he was trolling me when he said this had happened. Would be mildly interested to know the answer.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Welcome To the temp AUKN Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome To the temp AUKN Forum

Post  vashdaman Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 am

except they can't sign up as they are robots

This will not stand

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seriously though, shame to hear about what happened, hopefully Chaos will work his magic. At least we have this place, and this new cool emoticon Basketball haha, it's such a purposeless emoticon that it almost has a purpose!
vashdaman
vashdaman

Back to top Go down

Post  mangaman74 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:43 am

Rui wrote:
I'm as powerless as anyone else the way things are so we just have to pin our hopes on Chaos :/

R

If Chaos comes up with a solution to this do we get to call it chaos' theory?

ayase wrote:There's a memberlist and it only shows 21 members - how can names that aren't on that list be taken? Not that it will matter in the long run, hopefully.

Maybe some names have been taken but not activated yet for instance I created my account during the afternoon but only activated when I got home.
mangaman74
mangaman74

Back to top Go down

Post  stuart-says-yes Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 am

If I was "trolling". I'd come up with something better.
stuart-says-yes
stuart-says-yes

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am

It might be that the shared hosting that this particular free forum website uses is accomplishing its freeness by sharing tables between websites. So while we only have one Lawrence here, there might well be one on some other forum on the same server which is using the same database.

Sorry, another boring answer Very Happy

R
Rui
Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryo Chan Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:06 am

Rui wrote:It might be that the shared hosting that this particular free forum website uses is accomplishing its freeness by sharing tables between websites. So while we only have one Lawrence here, there might well be one on some other forum on the same server which is using the same database.

Sorry, another boring answer Very Happy

R

just tried it myself so i assume you're right as i couldn't register as fluttershy Sad
Ryo Chan
Ryo Chan
Admin

https://auknrelief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:17 am

Rui wrote:It might be that the shared hosting that this particular free forum website uses is accomplishing its freeness by sharing tables between websites.
The SQL equivalent of a children's cafeteria, it would seem.
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sy II Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

So apparently my username has already been taken. I don't like the idea of another Sy lurking around on other forums.
Sy II
Sy II

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:48 am

Does this free forum also come with any potential for a free chat room attached?

stuart-says-yes wrote:If I was "trolling". I'd come up with something better.
I already apologized. ;_;

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloud Strife Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:59 am

Finally i can get a hold of the nickname i tried getting before but had to settle with Clouded instead Very Happy...not anymore though!

Is the chat page going to come back soon aswell?
Cloud Strife
Cloud Strife

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 am

There's a chatbox on the front page of this forum (at the bottom).

R
Rui
Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  neptune2venus Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 am

Seems like I missed out on all the action! While I thought about changing my username, I'm just too nostalgic and stubborn to change it. Very Happy
neptune2venus
neptune2venus

http://cracktheworldshell.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LordLaserSharkKH Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 am

While I could have kept my username the same, I decided on change for a while. king
LordLaserSharkKH
LordLaserSharkKH

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Rui wrote:There's a chatbox on the front page of this forum (at the bottom).
Heh, the front page just doesn't scream "scroll down" in any way, at least at my resolution the whole of the list of subforums is nicely contained on one screen so I didn't notice.

Good stuff though, it should suffice for a while!

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Ath Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Interesting, this temp forum has a mobile phone version. Seems to be read-only though, can only post when I switch back to the full site.
Ath
Ath

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshawott Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:12 pm

So, while I've been at war in Pokémon Conquest, chaos has been fighting bots?

Whose war will end first? It's a race!

Joshawott

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:54 am

Joshawott wrote:chaos has been fighting bots?
Exhibit A:
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  20thCenturyBoy Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 am

This is like some horrible filler arc: We're all sitting waiting for it to end, not knowing just how long it might last and hoping nothing drastic happens that affects the main plot.

20thCenturyBoy

Back to top Go down

Post  vashdaman Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:51 am

Yeah, lets hope Chaos hasn't resorted to going in the hyperbolic time chamber in order to get strong enough to beat the robots.
vashdaman
vashdaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Toriko The Grappler Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 am

When is it going to be fixed? Feels like its been ages!

Toriko The Grappler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk52 Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:17 am

well whadayaknow? it worked! I'm in using my original name. Like a Star @ heaven
who's idea was it to stir up the dust again? Is this one of those "if it ain't broke..." examples I hear so much about? Basketball
Mohawk52
Mohawk52

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknownfate Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 am

Just a page not found error now, not even a redirect to this url anymore. Heres hoping progress is being made.

Unknownfate

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 am

The reason the page is not showing up properly will be that Chaos is moving the site across servers away from the duff host. The old site will probably be up and down like a yo-yo until everything is all set up again at the new location.

Chaos has been working like a dog on his own sorting this out and he's spent a lot of his own money, so any posts of encouragement for him will be appreciated when he gets a chance to look Wink

R
Rui
Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  animefreak17 Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 am

Is there anything we can do to help?
animefreak17
animefreak17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk52 Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:24 am

At-ta-boy Chaos! We're rootin for ya. cheers
Mohawk52
Mohawk52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum