AUKN Relief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General conversation thread.

+17
ayase
VoxPhantom
Joshawott
BlackWolf
LordLaserSharkKH
Unknownfate
mangaman74
theirsbailiff
Shintaro_Midorima
joanne_chan
zin5ki
Froob McGuffin
Reevothemusefan
MaxonTreik
ilmaestro
Rena Ryuugu
stuart-says-yes
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

General conversation thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: General conversation thread.

Post  stuart-says-yes Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:46 am

ilmaestro wrote:

MaxonTreik wrote:I don't even have a smartphone. Had this bad boy for 5.5 years:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
The image isn't coming through, so I'm imagining something like this, of course:

Clearly it's just that bad.
stuart-says-yes
stuart-says-yes

Back to top Go down

Post  vashdaman Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 am

I can't see either of your images Basketball

But surely few can trump my Samsung D500 (that I've had since I was like 17- and it was old then!) in the old school phone stakes. I don't really want a small computer around with me, so much more radiation and all that. I want a wind powered phone made out of wood.
vashdaman
vashdaman

Back to top Go down

Post  theirsbailiff Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 am

I have a Samsung Tocco in my house. My Sister has a HTC One and my dad still has his iPhone 4 on him. I honestly want to upgrade.
theirsbailiff
theirsbailiff

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 am

stuart-says-yes wrote:
ilmaestro wrote:

MaxonTreik wrote:I don't even have a smartphone. Had this bad boy for 5.5 years:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
The image isn't coming through, so I'm imagining something like this, of course:

Clearly it's just that bad.
I bet your mobile phone doesn't have a battery life of more than a week, loser.
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  ayase Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 am

Maxon, clarify something for me if you will because I still haven't worked this out after four years: Do you have a kind of confrontational humour that could be taken the wrong way, or do you sometimes get genuinely defensive over very minor things? And I say this as someone who is often taken the wrong way myself.
ayase
ayase

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Ryuugu Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 am

Unknownfate wrote:You wouldn't happen to have won Star of Milos on a certain other Anime orientated site with UK in it's name would you? Wink

Hehehe perhaps I did Wink
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:13 am

ayase wrote:Maxon, clarify something for me if you will because I still haven't worked this out after four years: Do you have a kind of confrontational humour that could be taken the wrong way, or do you sometimes get genuinely defensive over very minor things? And I say this as someone who is often taken the wrong way myself.
I look like an arsehole either way, so go with whatever you think.
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  neptune2venus Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 am

Volunteering in Uni over the summer has paid off - my name is under the acknowledgements section in a newly published paper that I was helping out with. Maybe I'm not credited as author-worthy just yet but maybe one day. Very Happy
neptune2venus
neptune2venus

http://cracktheworldshell.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mangaman74 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:44 am

neptune2venus wrote:Volunteering in Uni over the summer has paid off - my name is under the acknowledgements section in a newly published paper that I was helping out with. Maybe I'm not credited as author-worthy just yet but maybe one day. Very Happy

Something to put on your CV.
mangaman74
mangaman74

Back to top Go down

Post  fourthlion Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 am

Didn't know where else to put this so I am putting it here:
I spent the last weekend in Paris (the lady lives there now temporarily while she learns to cook, which is a bit annoying but at least closer than North Carolina was) and I have to say I'm green with envy at how readily available anime and manga is over there and how amazing some of their releases are (and how early they are released). If only I'd paid more attention in French (or Japanese) classes.

I thought maybe it's worth buying one of the releases and watching it with the girlfriend to see if it might be a useful exercise to her learning French and my learning Japanese if we can translate it between us.

Oh I was also in Rome the week before that if anyone wonders why(/noticed) I was absent.
fourthlion
fourthlion

Back to top Go down

Post  ayase Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 am

Well, consider me green with envy at your travelling fourthlion. Never been to Paris (though I'm sure I will sometime soon as my Dad is moving to France - I've never even been to France) but I love Rome. Beautiful city - I only spent a long weekend there but would happily go back again, there's so much to see. Sitting out on a piazza in the warm evening sun with a espresso or a beer... That's living.

MaxonTreik wrote:
ayase wrote:Maxon, clarify something for me if you will because I still haven't worked this out after four years: Do you have a kind of confrontational humour that could be taken the wrong way, or do you sometimes get genuinely defensive over very minor things? And I say this as someone who is often taken the wrong way myself.
Well at least I've learned something about you in the last four years, because I didn't imagine I would be getting a definitive answer to that question.

ayase
ayase

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:15 am

neptune2venus wrote:my name is under the acknowledgements section in a newly published paper
fourthlion wrote:I spent the last weekend in Paris
Well I went to the bakery today and made some impromptu pancakes. I would wager that neither of you can boast of such feats.
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Ryuugu Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:20 am

Must be my lucky week with competitions, since I have won a Yuru Yuri clear folder from JMangas Yuru Yuri quiz ^_^
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryo Chan Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 am

Rena Ryuugu wrote:Must be my lucky week with competitions, since I have won a Yuru Yuri clear folder from JMangas Yuru Yuri quiz ^_^

who? wha? Rena's into Yuri? and she has a contest?

pics or it didn't happen!
Ryo Chan
Ryo Chan
Admin

https://auknrelief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mangaman74 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 am

Rena Ryuugu wrote:Must be my lucky week with competitions, since I have won a Yuru Yuri clear folder from JMangas Yuru Yuri quiz ^_^

Congratulations Rena.

Ryo Chan wrote:

I think this is the competiton Rena is referring to,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I myself have won a couple of prizes recently. I won a signed Tales of Graces f poster on a Japanator competition (http://www.japanator.com/congratulations-to-our-lucky-tales-of-graces-winner--26621.phtml) as well as as winning a prize for completing a survey for jmanga (http://www.jmanga-lab.com/survey/survey.php). The prize I won was the One Piece Super Modeling Soul -Over 100 million rookies, Buildup prize.

I have received the poster which was shipped directly from Namco Bandai Uk but I am still waiting for the One Piece prize.
mangaman74
mangaman74

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryo Chan Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am

mangaman74 wrote:

Congratulations Rena.

Ryo Chan wrote:

I think this is the competiton Rena is referring to,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I myself have won a couple of prizes recently. I won a signed Tales of Graces f poster on a Japanator competition (http://www.japanator.com/congratulations-to-our-lucky-tales-of-graces-winner--26621.phtml) as well as as winning a prize for completing a survey for jmanga (http://www.jmanga-lab.com/survey/survey.php). The prize I won was the One Piece Super Modeling Soul -Over 100 million rookies, Buildup prize.

I have received the poster which was shipped directly from Namco Bandai Uk but I am still waiting for the One Piece prize.

u just had to ruin the illusion didn't you No
Ryo Chan
Ryo Chan
Admin

https://auknrelief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:00 am

ayase wrote:
MaxonTreik wrote:
Well at least I've learned something about you in the last four years, because I didn't imagine I would be getting a definitive answer to that question.
Pools panel decision... score draw.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Shintaro_Midorima Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 am

Oh nice! YY is awesome Smile
Shintaro_Midorima
Shintaro_Midorima

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Ryuugu Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Manga =)

Shintaro_Midorima wrote:

Oh nice! YY is awesome Smile

Indeed Very Happy
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWolf Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am

Thank god I've got tomorrow off, especially since I've stupidly agreed to work pretty much all of next week...won't be doing that again...Especially with the job being soul destroying (not so bad when I speak to nice people but the impolite ones are killing me)

Sigh, oh well at least it's getting ever closer to Theo being with us Smile

BlackWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum