AUKN Relief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General conversation thread.

+17
ayase
VoxPhantom
Joshawott
BlackWolf
LordLaserSharkKH
Unknownfate
mangaman74
theirsbailiff
Shintaro_Midorima
joanne_chan
zin5ki
Froob McGuffin
Reevothemusefan
MaxonTreik
ilmaestro
Rena Ryuugu
stuart-says-yes
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General conversation thread. Empty General conversation thread.

Post  stuart-says-yes Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 pm

In the meantime, while things blow over. I guess it would be worthwhile to keep the ball rolling, so to say?
So how is everyone? Looking forward to the recovery of the forum?
stuart-says-yes
stuart-says-yes

Back to top Go down

General conversation thread. Empty Re: General conversation thread.

Post  Rena Ryuugu Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm doing fine thanks, I won a competition on another site for FMA: Star of Milos blu ray a few days ago, so just waiting for that to arrive, as well R.O.D the TV from MVM's DOTW.

Definitely looking forward to the recovery of the forums, I think I was still in the middle of my hangman game,so it would be nice if the 3rd can be saved lol
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Better now that this has gone up, I should add more of you on skype or something so I don't get too worried next time the forum goes down.

Was "Lawrence" seriously taken? edit: why am I even falling for this troll.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Time to spam smilies.

lol! afro flower elephant study scratch geek jocolor queen king farao rendeer santa cherry albino sunny Sleep drunken bom cheers Basketball confused bounce rabbit pig monkey cat alien pale silent tongue pirat clown cyclops @ No I love you Suspect Like a Star @ heaven What a Face Neutral Arrow Idea Question Exclamation Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Mad Laughing Cool Shocked Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  Reevothemusefan Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 pm

I think I should stop ordering from Zavvi now, I ordered Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy last week but I have to wait another week until it dispatches :\
Reevothemusefan
Reevothemusefan

Back to top Go down

Post  Froob McGuffin Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

stuart-says-yes wrote:So how is everyone?

I've been an idiot and have been walking around for 3 weeks on a foot fracture. No, seriously! My right foot has been in immense pain and I just figured it'd...go away...The doctor wasn't amused when I said that Very Happy

Rena Ryuugu wrote:I'm doing fine thanks, I won a competition on another site for FMA: Star of Milos blu ray a few days ago, so just waiting for that to arrive, as well R.O.D the TV from MVM's DOTW.

Congratulations! (Also thank you, as this has just reminded me that I forgot to order ROD tv!)

ilmaestro wrote:Better now that this has gone up, I should add more of you on skype or something so I don't get too worried next time the forum goes down.

Sounds like quite a sensible idea actually!

Froob McGuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 am

MaxonTreik wrote:Time to spam smilies.
I prefer Spam similes.

You are like Spam; like a container full of Spam; like a Spam food product; like a meal of which Spam is a constituent ingredient; like a Spamwich.

Et cetera.
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  joanne_chan Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 am

Well I'm having a good week with sites as not only Our forum is having issues Fur Affinity is on read only due to a disc in a Raid Array failing. Sad

joanne_chan

Back to top Go down

Post  stuart-says-yes Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 am

ilmaestro wrote:Better now that this has gone up, I should add more of you on skype or something so I don't get too worried next time the forum goes down.

It was apparently. Or maybe I just didn't wrong. Either way it doesn't matter too much.
As for the second question, just asking how people were felt lack luster and I imagined a general chat was inevitable regardless.
stuart-says-yes
stuart-says-yes

Back to top Go down

Post  Shintaro_Midorima Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:11 am

A football forum I post on was having some issues the other day, something to do with go daddy they said. Doesn't seem to be a good week for forums.
Shintaro_Midorima
Shintaro_Midorima

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 am

So... do I sell my 4S and order an iPhone 5?

stuart-says-yes wrote:

It was apparently. Or maybe I just didn't wrong. Either way it doesn't matter too much.
As for the second question, just asking how people were felt lack luster and I imagined a general chat was inevitable regardless.
I do apologize, good Sir. I assumed you were having a little jape since only ten usernames were taken at the time. It seems like this is not an isolated incident, though.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  theirsbailiff Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 am

Well I've just started College on Monday and I'm hating all the long waits between lessons and trying not to get late between each lesson. Also, I'm finding myself looking for a job, sorting out getting a bursary and making new friends and not being a socially awkward pillock.
theirsbailiff
theirsbailiff

Back to top Go down

Post  mangaman74 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:57 am

Rena Ryuugu wrote:I'm doing fine thanks, I won a competition on another site for FMA: Star of Milos blu ray a few days ago, so just waiting for that to arrive, as well R.O.D the TV from MVM's DOTW.

Congratulations Rena. Hope you enjoy FMA: Star of Milos when it arrives (R.O.D TV is a bargain at that price as well).
mangaman74
mangaman74

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Ryuugu Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:07 am

Froob McGuffin wrote:

Congratulations! (Also thank you, as this has just reminded me that I forgot to order ROD tv!)

Thanks and you're welcome Smile

mangaman74 wrote:
Congratulations Rena. Hope you enjoy FMA: Star of Milos when it arrives (R.O.D TV is a bargain at that price as well).

Thanks mangaman, haven't seen Brotherhood but I have read all the manga. I have seen R.O.D the TV, which I really love <3

Last edited by Rena Ryuugu on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed something)
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknownfate Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 am

You wouldn't happen to have won Star of Milos on a certain other Anime orientated site with UK in it's name would you? Wink

Unknownfate

Back to top Go down

Post  LordLaserSharkKH Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 am

In this time I actually watched something that wasn't anime for a change, Drive via Netflix, good movie, probably mention more in the movie thread when normality resumes, I discovered Oldboy and Battle Royale on Netflix too, two films I've started but never finished watching so will soon actually get around to watching those, sometime this week maybe?

Also got some Rasslin' DVD's for the first time in about five years, and Even more awesome I nabbed myself a copy of Hidamari Sketch: Volume 4 which has been out of stock for quite a while, but it is now slowly starting to creep back into retailers hands, now when that arrives I can then collect the rest of the series. (X '______')
LordLaserSharkKH
LordLaserSharkKH

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWolf Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 am

Gah it finally let me make an account. Don't know what was up with it mind. Chrome kept having problems with the confrimation question on sign up. So this will be home then for the next few days? Fine with me Razz Though I probably wouldn't notice the forums going back up since I seem to be addicted to Devil Survivor 2...

BlackWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 pm

ilmaestro wrote:So... do I sell my 4S and order an iPhone 5?
No. Sell the 4S and get a Samsung.
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshawott Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 pm

So, I visited my older brother in London on Monday. He took me to his HMV, where I got Pokémon Conquest for £21 and Sacred Star of Milos on BD for £14 (his staff discount =3), then I got a Kyubey plush from Tokyotoys (I wish I had enough money for the K-ON! figures they had there). Also, on the Tuesday he casually mentioned in conversation that I'm the best man at his wedding next month 0.0.

While in London I also stuck my middle finger up at the the HM's Revenue and Customs office for y'all xD.

Joshawott

Back to top Go down

Post  VoxPhantom Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:18 am

LordLaserSharkKH wrote:Also got some Rasslin' DVD's for the first time in about five years
Which ones did you pick up, out of interest? Liking that Regal avatar!
VoxPhantom
VoxPhantom

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 am

Joshawott wrote:So, I visited my older brother in London on Monday. He took me to his HMV, where I got Pokémon Conquest for £21 and Sacred Star of Milos on BD for £14 (his staff discount =3), then I got a Kyubey plush from Tokyotoys (I wish I had enough money for the K-ON! figures they had there). Also, on the Tuesday he casually mentioned in conversation that I'm the best man at his wedding next month 0.0.
I have an affinity for the Trocadero. My favourite arcade machine — the 2p penny pusher — still operates within one of the catacomb-like lower rooms. Alas, the modular arcade cabinets are nowhere to be seen; fond memories of fondling ball-top sticks can only fade as time progresses.

Needless to say, I blame every technological paradigm from the last decade for this.
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 am

MaxonTreik wrote:
No. Sell the 4S and get a Samsung.
D:

But my apps...

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  ayase Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 am

I'll be sticking with my 4 until Apple do something genuinely new and innovative, or another phone blows the iPhone out of the water with it's capabilities (my previous phone was Nokia 6230, so I imagine that will be a while). Bigger processor? Bigger screen? Meh. No NFC is especially behind the times.

As for other phones, personally I much prefer iOS with Cydia installed to Android.
ayase
ayase

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxonTreik Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 am

I don't even have a smartphone. Had this bad boy for 5.5 years:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MaxonTreik
MaxonTreik

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:44 am

ayase wrote:No NFC is especially behind the times.
Well it's not ahead of the times, I'll agree, but even including a NFC is behind the times if you've spent any time in Japan over the last few years so "still" not having one isn't a killer for me when so few devices even take advantage of it in this country right now (a bit like 4G, which I could have taken or left this year). I guess they need something to throw in the next iPad to "force" people to buy that, too.

I'm not sure what they could put in a new iPhone to really wow me, just getting a better one is probably enough for me - I still carry around other devices because the iPhone's screen size doesn't quite measure up for some things, but I agree that the faster proc is no massive benefit since playing games on phones sucks balls, and the current proc is more than good enough for p.much any non-game app that I use.

Higher-res front facing camera isn't exactly a killer addition, but lighter and thinner is almost always good for something that I keep in my jeans pocket.

MaxonTreik wrote:I don't even have a smartphone. Had this bad boy for 5.5 years:
The image isn't coming through, so I'm imagining something like this, of course:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum