AUKN Relief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today.

+5
zin5ki
Ath
Shintaro_Midorima
Rui
Just Passing Through
9 posters

Go down

Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today. Empty Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today.

Post  Just Passing Through Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Keep an eye on comingsoon.rightstuf.com! It's alive, again, and it will reveal which new, previously unannounced title will soon be receiving the limited-edition, Nozomi Entertainment treatment!

And a lot of speculation is occuring on Facebook. I'll link in seven days if this forum is still our refuge. I'm hoping for Hanasaku Iroha, and the Americans could use soem Nichijou and Gosick love.
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Back to top Go down

Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today. Empty Re: Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today.

Post  Rui Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 pm

I've been following similar speculation on another BBS. If it's Nozomi that should mean we get a nice package, so anything other than a rescue is of interest to me :3
Rui
Rui

Back to top Go down

Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today. Empty Re: Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment have a new license announcement due today.

Post  Shintaro_Midorima Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 am

Ooooh they get good things usually Surprised
Shintaro_Midorima
Shintaro_Midorima

Back to top Go down

Post  Ath Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:02 am

Oh snap! ANN says it's Rose of Versailles!
Ath
Ath

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Passing Through Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:05 am

... and it's....

The Rose of Versailles

RIGHT STUF, Inc. Acquires

THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES

Nozomi Ent. to release classic anime as limited-edition DVD sets in 2013 and
to conduct fan Q&A with creator Riyoko Ikeda;

Viki to begin streaming series in December 2012.

GRIMES, Iowa, Sept. 12, 2012 – Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to announce the
acquisition of The Rose of Versailles anime series from TMS Entertainment.

Also known as “Berusaiyu no Bara” and “Lady Oscar,” The Rose of Versailles will be released via Right Stuf’s
Nozomi Entertainment as two limited-edition DVD box sets in 2013. The series will also be streamed,
beginning in December 2012, and made available exclusively to fans in the United States and
Canada on Viki (viki.com), as part of the site’s growing anime lineup. This will be the first time the entire
anime series will be available to English-speaking audiences in North America.

Additionally, Nozomi Entertainment wants fans’ questions for an upcoming Q&A interview with Riyoko
Ikeda, the creator of The Rose of Versailles. Please submit questions, via the form located at the official
series site (rov.rightstuf.com), by 4 p.m. CDT on Thurs., Nov. 1, 2012.

Right Stuf’s President and CEO Shawne Kleckner said, “The Rose of Versailles is one of anime and manga’s
truly legendary and iconic stories. It is an honor and privilege to bring this beloved series to DVD, via Nozomi
Entertainment, and work with TMS and Viki to introduce our English-subtitled translation of the anime inspired
by Ms. Ikeda’s masterwork to North American fans. ”

“We’re thrilled to work with Right Stuf to bring The Rose of Versailles to fans in North America and add this
famous title to our growing library of classic anime,” said Razmig Hovaghimian, Viki CEO.

“The Rose of Versailles has been released several times in multiple formats in many European and Asian countries
until now, but was never released in North America for the English-speaking audiences. I would like to thank the
team at Right Stuf and Viki for making the North American The Rose of Versailles DVD and online release
possible. When it comes to amazing shows, you never get tired of watching them, and I believe The Rose of
Versailles is one of these shows. It would be a pleasure if the North American fans enjoy The Rose of Versailles as
much as I have,” said Katsuki Masai, Deputy Manager of TMS Entertainment USA, Inc.

Set during the years preceding the French Revolution, The Rose of Versailles is a tale of romance and political
intrigue that centers around Oscar François de Jarjayes, a young woman whose father has raised her as a man –
and trained her to be an elite and skilled soldier – so she can succeed him as the commander of the palace guards.
The Rose of Versailles is based upon the best-selling manga (comic) by Riyoko Ikeda (Dear Brother, a.k.a.
Oniisama e...), which was originally serialized in Shueisha’s shoujo (girls’) anthology magazine Margaret, from
1972 through 1973, and later collected into 10 volumes. In addition to its anime adaptation, it inspired a short
story collection (also written by Ikeda), a French-Japanese live-action film, and multiple musicals staged by
Japan’s famed Takarazuka Revue.

Colour me interested...
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Back to top Go down

Post  zin5ki Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 am

Mon Dieu, c'est impossible!
zin5ki
zin5ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 am

Well, cool. There goes my usual desperate suggestion whenever someone has a licence to announce Very Happy

I already have the series on DVD courtesy of Italy, but I'll buy it again to enjoy being able to show it to others.
Rui
Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  ilmaestro Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:28 am

That is... quite nuts. I'm now past the point of surprise for anything getting licensed, I think.

Rui wrote:BBS
Heh.

ilmaestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Ryuugu Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 am

Awesome, been rather interested in the series, after reading an article in Neo mag years ago. Will definitely be picking it up Very Happy
Rena Ryuugu
Rena Ryuugu

Back to top Go down

Post  neptune2venus Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 am

The Rose of Versailles is undoubtably Ikeda Riyoko's most famous work. It's a classic shoujo and something which I will actually buy! I'd love to own Oniisama e (Brother, Dear Borther) on DVD as well - but that's just wishful thinking. Still, this is one news announcement - along with with Sailor Moon in 2013 - that will make me splash out on anime.

More classics please! Very Happy
neptune2venus
neptune2venus

http://cracktheworldshell.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Irony Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 am

Well damn, I did not see that coming (paging VivisQueen to the thread). So many commentators have said over the years that this was something that just simply wouldn't happen.

Of course you know, I'd still rather have that other Dezaki series about the cigar-smoking space pirate, but this is certainly a welcome release.
Professor Irony
Professor Irony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down